Meal Prices and Traditional Meal Benefit Eligibility
Return to Traditional Meal Benefit Eligibility - (Download PDF)
Program Year 2023
Dear Parents, Guardians, Students & Staff,
Benton Community School Corporation’s meals program will return to the traditional eligibility
requirements for free, reduced and paid meals. This means that for School Year 2022-2023, our meal
prices will be:
● All Student Breakfast price $2.20 / $11.00 weekly, Reduced meal price .30 / $1.50 weekly
● Elementary Student Lunches $3.25 / 16.25 weekly, Reduced meal price .40 / $2.00 weekly
● Jr. & Sr, High Students Lunches 3.50 / 17.50 weekly, Reduced meal price .40/ $2.00 weekly
● After School Snack : $1.00? $5.00 Weekly, Reduced ASSP Snack / $1.00 .30 / $1.50 Weekly
● According to the USDA: No Students are allowed to charge any Ala Carte items. Please have money in students accounts to purchase extras
2022-2023 Free & Reduced applications and current income guidelines are available on Harmony with
your registration documents. There will be a 30 day carryover of current Eligibility benefits until
September 29, 2022 for any family not turning in applications. If your family qualifies for Direct
Certification you do not have to fill out a Free & Reduced. When the Direct Certification website opens
and I can confirm your status you will receive a letter of notification of your eligibility before registration
You do NOT need to complete an application if:
● You receive notification that your child(ren) are directly certified.
● You know your household does not qualify for meal benefits. (Please have money in your child’s account on the first day of school.)
According to School Board Policy no Adult Visitor or Staff will be able to charge anything in the Cafeteria.
Please have money in your account.
Adult Breakfast price $2.60 / $13.00 weekly, Adult Lunch price $4.80 / $24.00
This is an equal opportunity establishment.
Food Service Director